There are plenty of ways to help us continue our mission of saving and rescuing animals! Have a look at the many opportunities, from volunteering at the sanctuary, to providing the tools, supplies, food, outreach, and traditional monetary donations that keep our sanctuary up and running.
Peace Ridge Sanctuary is looking for dedicated, hardworking volunteers who do not mind getting dirty, and who share our passion for farmed animal rescue. This work is NOT EASY, but it is all for a very important cause, and it just might be the hardest work you will ever love. Plus, you will have the chance to be around the animals while you work!
We need people who are:
- Willing to do hard physical labor in all seasons and all types of weather (the animals depend on us even when there is 3 feet of snow!).
- Compassionate, dedicated and eager to tend to the basic needs of animals who might have once been abused or neglected.
- Good at communicating and following instructions.
- Dependable and committed to volunteering at least one day per week.
Volunteer responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Cleaning barns and pastures
- Feeding and watering
- Loading and unloading supplies, grain, etc.
Does this sound like something you are up for? If so, we would love to hear from you! To sign up for a Volunteer Orientation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah at (207) 949-3162.
Are you looking for a great way to support animals and the Peace Ridge Sanctuary mission?
We are looking for a handful of committed, hardworking new members to join our Fundraising Committee. No special skills are required, just a sincere desire to work with us on a regular basis. If you do not have time to join a committee, there is still plenty you can do! Here are a few ideas:
- Bottle drive
- Ask your school or employer if you can set up a bottle collection bin, and check with friends and family about donating their returnables, too!
- Yard Sale
- Everybody loves a chance to get rid of unused things or collect new treasures for a good cause. Host a yard sale on our behalf and we will supply you with a kit filled with Peace Ridge brochures, a poster and more to help make your sale a success.
- House party
- Whether it’s a formal affair with wine and hors d’oeuvres or a simple afternoon potluck, house parties are a great way to meet like-minded people, share ideas and have some fun. We’d love to send someone from Peace Ridge to attend your event and talk to your guests about who we are and what we do!
Host a Sanctuary Work Day
Do you have a group of friends or co-workers who would like to spend a day at the sanctuary helping with projects? Peace Ridge always has ongoing projects and welcomes groups who want to spend time doing non-animal related work. Projects depend on the season but can include:
- Painting barns
- Small construction
- General clean-up
This is a great way to spend a day with friends while helping the animals.
Consider Going Vegan
Veganism is much more than a diet; it is a way of life whereby animal products and the exploitation of animals are avoided in the consciousness that animal suffering of any kind should not be supported.
Adopting a vegan lifestyle is the best way to help animals, while also protecting the planet, and the proliferation of vegan products on the market today make it easier than ever! If you are just starting out, there are many vegan companies out there from which to choose. You will have no problem eating similarly to how you did before, and you will be supporting a more compassionate and healthful lifestyle. Once you become more familiar with vegan foods and vegan cooking, you will quickly realize how delicious and easy it is to make the switch! The majority of vegans will tell you that their only regret about becoming vegan is that they did not do it sooner.
Fortunately, there is a lot of information available for people who want to go vegan, and a great educational website about the nitty-gritty of doing so is Vegan Outreach.
For those of you who are thinking about making the change, Peace Ridge offers FREE vegan cookbooks and other resources to help with your transition. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.